Tuesday, June 03, 2008
All about Mom
Today's post is actually all about Mom. I went to get my hair cut today - normally not a very big deal, but I've been growing my hair to donate to an organization called Angel Hair. It's a group that makes wigs for Canadian children who have lost their hair because of one of the A-B-C's (Alopecia, Burns or Cancer chemo or radiation treatment). If you are interested in their organization, their website is: http://www.achildsvoicefoundation.com/AH-HOME.HTM
Before the cut I had over 10 inches (they require at least 10). Holly did great by the way, sitting in a chair beside me and reading her books - you'll see her in a few of the photos.

Getting my hair braided.

The first cut - yikes!!!

More cutting - thanks to one of the students at the hair school who took the photos for me. I nearly forgot I had brought my camera before she said "you should take pictures!". I get my hair cut by an instructor at a hair design school - she used to be my neighbour when we were growing up. The first time I went there, it was a big surprise to see her - what a small world!

Unfinished - but after the braid was cut off - much lighter!

The braid I'm going to send to Angel Hair. It takes 10-15 ponytails plus $800 to make one wig!

The finished "product" - you'll have to see me in person to see it from the front!

Before the cut I had over 10 inches (they require at least 10). Holly did great by the way, sitting in a chair beside me and reading her books - you'll see her in a few of the photos.
Getting my hair braided.
The first cut - yikes!!!
More cutting - thanks to one of the students at the hair school who took the photos for me. I nearly forgot I had brought my camera before she said "you should take pictures!". I get my hair cut by an instructor at a hair design school - she used to be my neighbour when we were growing up. The first time I went there, it was a big surprise to see her - what a small world!
Unfinished - but after the braid was cut off - much lighter!
The braid I'm going to send to Angel Hair. It takes 10-15 ponytails plus $800 to make one wig!
The finished "product" - you'll have to see me in person to see it from the front!